The answer to the question of why you need facials seems obvious. Of course, to delay the appearance of wrinkles! However, wrinkles are far from the only problem that prevents us from looking in the mirror with pleasure. Acne, blackheads, enlarged pores, peeling … You can avoid the “vagaries” of the skin only by providing it with proper care: then the oily one will stop shining, and the dry one will not react so sharply to washing with ordinary tap water.
At the same time, the older we get, the more thoughtful the exit strategy should become. Of course, no one can win the battle over time, but who would refuse to look five, ten, or even twenty years younger?
Basic Rules Of Care
For facial skincare at home to give visible results, it is important to follow certain rules. Where to begin?
Beauty excellent students know that skincare has a cumulative effect. Simply put, do not count on flawless skin if yesterday you were smeared with creams from a dozen jars, and today you decided to “take a break.”
Make-up removers are used before the cleansing foam, and the night cream is used after the serum. At the same time, each remedy must be given time. Otherwise, the valuable components will not have time to be absorbed.
Twice a day
It is necessary to take care of the skin of the face twice a day, but beauty assistants for care at different times of the day differ both in purpose and composition. For example, a day cream moisturizes and protects against negative environmental factors (including the sun). And night one is most often aimed at regeneration, nutrition, and deeper hydration.
According to the instructions
Be sure to read the instructions on all jars and bottles. They will tell you that scrubs are not used during the period of acute inflammation, and the remnants of care cosmetics that have not been absorbed should be carefully removed from the skin with a clean cotton pad.
How To Choose The Right Skin Care For Your Face
First of all, be guided by your age, skin type, and the composition of the cosmetics.
First, let’s determine what type of skin you have. This will help you find the right skincare for your face.
- It feels tight after washing, sometimes peeling.
- Prone to the appearance of early wrinkles.
- Has almost invisible pores.
- Dry skin needs intense hydration and nutrition: look for powerful humectants and moisturizers.
- Has enlarged pores, is prone to blackheads and acne.
- Shines (due to increased sebum secretion).
- Oily skin needs matting and cosmetics with sebum-regulating and bactericidal components that will help to avoid breakouts.!
- The T-zone (nose, forehead, chin) shines and becomes greasy. Enlarged pores are noticeable.
- The cheeks may suffer from dryness.
- Combination skin needs care that will consider its characteristics: for example, multitasking.!
It doesn’t fit any of the descriptions: dryness or acne is the exception rather than the rule for her (at least if you give her the right care)!
Normal skin needs just as much care as others: get a good moisturizer first.
If you are still in doubt about your skin type, be sure to consult with a beautician. Incorrectly selected cosmetics are one of the main causes of skin problems!
The ingredients of skincare cosmetics are the main sponsors of our beauty. What components to look for in the composition?
- Hyaluronic acid, extracts of green tea, grapes, sakura, aloe, and glycerin for moisturizing.
- Formatting and narrowing pores – extracts of burdock and black tea, grapefruit, clay, black coal.
- For nutrition – natural oils.
- To combat acne and blackheads – salicylic acid, zinc, eucalyptus extract.
- For exfoliation – fruit acids, crushed apricot pits.
- Retinol, vitamins A and C, tea polyphenols, shea butter, caffeine, peptides for aging skin.
All ages are submissive to self-care! The main thing to remember is that the skin has different needs at different ages.
- 25+ – Intensive moisturizing and SPF products are especially important in facial care, which will protect the skin from photoaging.
- 35+ – It’s time to fight wrinkles and dull complexion. Look for cosmetics with antioxidants and vitamins.
- 45+ – Expression wrinkles at this age already turn into permanent ones; bags and dark circles appear under the eyes. Cosmetics with a drainage and lifting effect will help to cope with them.
- 55+ – In addition to powerlifting and drainage, the skin needs help in the fight against age spots, deep wrinkles, and dryness.
How To Take Care Of Your Face At Home: Step By Step Instructions
Comprehensive facial skincare (and this is what you need) includes several stages:
The skin is cleansed twice a day. In the evening at home, we remove from the face the remnants of cosmetics and impurities accumulated in the pores during the day. In the morning, we remove the excess sebum that the skin has released during the night.
- In the morning, washing is enough: for dry and sensitive skin, a gentle Garnier cream-gel for face “Basic care” with rose water is suitable, and for oily, problematic, and combined – Garnier cleansing gel. “Clean skin.” It removes impurities and mattifies the skin and tightens pores, fights blackheads, and prevents acne.
- In the evening, the make-up remover is added to the gel wash. Choose cosmetics according to your skin type. Do not forget that the area around the eyes needs particularly gentle cleansing—for example, Garnier Skin Naturals 2-in-1 Express Express Eye Makeup Lotion.
Removing dead skin particles prevents the development of acne, activates cell renewal, unclogs pores, and facilitates access to skincare cosmetics (even the most effective remedy will not work on keratinized skin).
- Peeling at home can be done with exfoliating agents – scrubs. Garnier Skin Naturals Apricot Scrub is suitable for all skin types and contains apricot oil for extra care.
- Monitor the frequency of exfoliation. If you have oily to combination skin, apply it twice a week. If dry – once, use the most delicate products.
Do you skip the toning step and consider tonics to be something optional? In vain! They prepare the skin for hydration and provide it with additional care: they pull out the remains of impurities from the pores, matte, saturate the skin with vitamins, moisturize and even restore the pH balance.
- If you have problematic and/or oily skin, use the Garnier Clear Skin Purifying Toner against blackheads and oily sheen. It contains salicylic acid and zinc, known for their superpowers: tightening pores, eliminating blackheads, and regulating fat balance.
- From the first application, dry and sensitive skin will fall in love with Garnier’s Essential Care Soothing Rose Water Toner. Formula free of parabens, silicones, and synthetic colors – mast have for capricious skin.
- To tone normal to combination skin, use Garnier Grape Refreshing Facial Toner. Among the main arguments “for” a refreshing effect, 96% natural composition and vitamin charge for vigor and radiance of the skin.
Moisturizing The Skin
The moisturizing procedure is carried out after toning. Cosmetics are applied along the massage lines, careful not to stretch the skin.
- Day and night creams are most often responsible for moisturizing the skin, but for maximum effect, you can (and should!) Pamper your skin with masks once or twice a week. Among the most effective are tissue, with hyaluronic acid and plant extracts. For sos-moisturizing of dehydrated skin, the “Aqua Bomba” sheet mask with pomegranate extract from Garnier Skin Naturals is suitable.
- Moisturizing is also important for the sensitive skin around the eyes. If this area is swollen in the morning and your eyes look tired, try Garnier Skin Naturals Moisture + Fresh Look Cloth Eye Patch. They cool the skin, reduce bags under the eyes and make the look visibly more rested!
Nutrition is important, first of all, for dry skin, which suffers from a lack of its lipids. The protective barrier of such skin is greatly thinned, which means it begins to react more sharply to environmental factors.
To restore the hydrolipid balance, look for oils in the composition (shea, apricot, etc.) Another component from the must-have category for dry skin is flower honey, included in the Garnier botanical cream. It provides a sense of comfort by nourishing and moisturizing the skin for 48 hours and also reduces the discomfort caused by dryness. Among other bonuses – 96% natural ingredients in the composition!